Defective Airbag Lawyer
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
When airbags work correctly they can play an important role in saving your life during an accident. However, airbags can also be dangerous which makes hiring the right defective airbag lawyer important.
Airbags can cause injuries such as severe whiplash, eye injuries, blindness, broken nose, tooth loss, partial decapitation, quadriplegia and even death. These injuries can be caused by defects, including:
- Failure to Deploy
- Late Deployment
- Overly Aggressive Deployment
- Airbag Design Thresholds
- Unthethered Airbags
- Oversized Airbags
- Inadequate Consumer Warnings
- Lack of Side or Curtain Airbags
Airbags can also pose a safety risk for children, especially those that inflate in low-severity crashes. Children under 12 should always be placed in the proper safety seat or safety restraints in the back seat of a vehicle.
The litigation process and consumer groups continue to demand more strict requirements and testing from the auto industry and the government, which will lead to improved airbag design and safety. While complete safety in all accidents can not be guaranteed, we encourage you to take the following precautions to reduce your risk of injury from an airbag:
- Always buckle your seat belt.
- Adjust your seat as far back as practical, so there is at least 10 inches between the center of the airbag cover and your breastbone. Move your seat back as far as you can while still reaching the pedals comfortably. You can also slightly recline the back of your seat, but make sure you can still see the road easily.
- Always place an infant in a car seat in the back seat. It is best to use a rear-facing infant seat.
- Always transport children 1 to 12 years old in the back seat and use appropriate child restraints. You should do this even if your car doesn't have an airbag.
- Do not allow children to ride on the laps of others.
- If your steering wheel is adjustable, tilt it downward to point to your chest instead of your head and neck.
Hiring a Defective Airbag Lawyer
We are here to help. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us to speak with a Texas product liability lawyer.