Why Do I Practice Personal Injury Law?
We thoroughly understand Texas’ personal injury law and the tactics that insurance companies and their representatives use to avoid paying money to victims. Through years of outstanding service to clients, we have earned a reputation as a reliable advocate for the injured in Texas. We are veterans of tough negotiations with insurers. We have not only gained the respect of our clients but also of the attorneys and adjusters sitting across the table from us. They know our reputation for representing real victims with real damages. As a result, we can work with speed and efficiency to help clients obtain the full compensation to which they are entitled.
What Makes My Firm Particularly Suited to Helping You Get a Proper Settlement for Your Injuries?
- Extensive Legal Experience
- Extensive Trial Experience
- Practice Focused on Personal Injury Claims
- Work With a Lawyer, Not a Paralegal
- Free Reports – Make an Informed Hiring Decision
- Experience with All Range of Injuries
- Discounts to Veterans
- Discounts to Drunk Driving Victims
My Firm Has Handled Injury Cases in the Following Areas:
- Auto-accident litigation
- Accidents with soft tissue injuries
- Accidents with major bodily injury
- Accidents resulting in death, dismemberment, or permanent disability
- Accidents involving uninsured and under-insured drivers
- Slip & falls
- Drunk driving accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Dog bites
How Will You Be Treated By Me?
When you hire me, you get me. Not a paralegal or kid who recently graduated from high school or college (as some other firms use). I appear with you at every court date from beginning to end. I will keep you informed of everything that is happening in your case, every step of the way. I will advise you as to how I believe the court is likely to resolve the issues in your case, and I will proceed as you tell me. I will represent you and fight for the very best possible outcome in your case based on the facts and circumstances specific to your situation.
Question to ask the insurance adjuster: Why do I have to give you a recorded statement when you can get information about the accident from the police report?
I was born in Johannesburg, South Africa. My parents moved to Toronto, Canada when I was almost 6 and Dallas, Texas when I was almost 13. I moved to Austin in 1988 to attend the University of Texas at Austin. I finished my undergraduate studies in the Honors Business and Management Program at the University of Texas at Austin in 1992 and earned my Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the University of Texas School of Law in 1995. Before founding the Traub Law Office in 2003, I co-owned CompuFlash Inc. with my wife Talia. CompuFlash Inc. manufactured computers and sold computer parts, software, and accessories. In my spare time, I still write software. I am licensed to practice law in Texas, including both state and federal (Northern and Western districts) courts, and I’m a member of the State Bar of Texas, Capital Area Trial Lawyer’s Association, and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association. When not fighting insurance companies, I jog, play tennis, write computer code, read, watch UT football, or spend time with Talia, and our daughters Adina and Amber.
- Everything the Insurance Companies Know about Truth and Justice (March 2009)
- The Seven Deadly Sins that can Wreck Your Accident Claim in Texas (Revised 2017)
- What Insurance Companies Don’t Tell You About Insurance (January 2007)
- Hidden, Inside Secrets Insurance Companies Don’t Want You to Know (March 2005)
- Questions You Should Ask the Insurance Adjuster (January 2008)
- How to Protect and Increase the Value of Your Personal Injury Claim (May 2006)
- 7 Ways to Protect and Increase the Value of Your Personal Injury Claim (May 2006)
- The Accident Glove-Box Companion (May 2006)
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Member: State Bar of Texas
- Member: Austin Bar Association
- Member: Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
- Member: Better Business Bureau
- Member: Million Dollar Advocates Forum