Riding a motorcycle can be an exhilarating experience, offering freedom, adventure, and convenience on the open road. However, motorcycle riders also face serious risks, as they lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle.
One significant challenge that victims of motorcycle accidents often face is the reluctance of insurance companies to provide adequate support. These companies are frequently perceived as being more concerned about their profits than the well-being of the injured party and their recovery. This is where the assistance of an Austin motorcycle accident lawyer becomes crucial.
This insightful piece of content aims to highlight the common causes of motorcycle accidents, the common injuries individuals get in this incidents and insights from accident lawyers regarding your claiming process.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents often occur due to the failure of car and truck drivers to be vigilant for motorcyclists on the road. This negligence can result from improper mirror usage and other inattentive behaviors. Furthermore, accidents may transpire when vehicles do not yield the right of way to motorcycles, exceed speed limits, engage in aggressive driving, drive distracted, operate under the influence, or disregard traffic laws.
Drivers can be held liable for the injuries they cause to motorcycle riders through various actions, including:
- Swerving into a motorcycle.
- Following too closely or tailgating.
- Speeding or riding too fast for road or weather conditions.
- Pulling out in front of motorcycles at intersections.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a similar accident, you may have a right to compensation. Reach out to The Traub Law Office, where you can find Austin motorcycle accident lawyers. We specialize in holding irresponsible car and truck drivers accountable for the serious injuries they inflict on motorcycle riders.
The dedicated motorcycle accident lawyers at The Traub Law Office in Austin are committed to ensuring that at-fault drivers are held responsible and that injured motorcyclists receive the maximum compensation they rightfully deserve.
Most Common Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Driver behavior isn’t the only problem you face when you take your bike out on the road. If you are involved in an accident, you could suffer life-changing injuries, depending on the type of collision that occurs.
The most common types of motorcycle accidents are:
– Driver distraction can result in a motorist drifting into oncoming traffic, crashing into a motorcyclist. Head-on accidents are often catastrophic, leading to severe injuries and fatalities to bike riders and their passengers.
– When someone parks their car on the side of the road, they could cause injuries to a passing biker if they don’t look over their shoulder before opening their door.
– T-bone collisions typically happen when drivers don’t yield the right of way, crashing into the side of a motorcyclist proceeding through an intersection.
– Motorists should always check the view out their back window, side- and rear-view mirrors before backing out of a driveway or parking space for bikers passing behind them. Failing to do so could cause a collision.
– Colliding with the back of a motorcyclist, especially at high speeds, could cause severe brain injuries to the bike rider. They could be thrown off their bike and suffer debilitating harm or death.
Question to ask the insurance adjuster: Why do I have to give you an unrestricted medical authorization before I can settle the claim?
If you were involved in any type of collision while riding your bike, the experienced Austin motorcycle accident lawyers may be able to represent you and seek a monetary award to cover your losses. You shouldn’t be responsible for the cost of treating your injuries when someone else was at fault for the collision.
Let’s move to the considerable insights for demystifying accident-claiming process. What steps can make your process quick and convenient.
Steps for Hassle- Free Accident Claiming Process
- First Step: initial Consultation
The process of filing a motorcycle accident claim begins with a consultation. The Traub Law team will go over the specifics of your case during this meeting. This is your chance to give a detailed account of the accident, including any evidence you may have gathered. Their goal is to comprehend the facts and assess the viability of your claim.
- Evidence gathering and analysis
The accident lawyer meticulously collect and analyze evidence, which may include accident reports, witness statements, photographs, and even the opinions of accident reconstruction experts. This extensive investigation strengthens your case and aids in establishing liability.
- Proving Liability After a Motorcycle Accident
Since motorcyclists are more vulnerable in crashes, insurance companies may be quick to blame the rider rather than the at-fault driver. However, the experienced Austin motor cycle accident lawyers know what kind of evidences can help in proving liability and recover maximum compensation.
This may include:
- Photographs and measurements of the crash scene and vehicles
- Police reports establishing facts about the collision
- Statements from eyewitnesses to the crash
- Data from the motorcycle or car’s event data recorder (black box)
- Video footage from dash cams or surveillance cameras depicting how the accident happened
- Medical records documenting the motorcyclist’s injuries
With strategic legal representation guiding the evidence collection and liability negotiations, injured motorcyclists can feel confident the at-fault party will be held fully accountable.
- Damages and Injuries Evaluation
Understanding the full scope of your damages and injuries is critical for a successful compensation claim. The law firm team works with medical professionals to evaluate your injuries and estimate the costs of medical treatment, rehabilitation, and potential future medical needs. We also assess property damage and any impact on your earning capacity.
- Handle Motorcycle Insurance Claims
Motorcycle accident attorneys can assist with complex insurance claims, particularly when multiple vehicles and policies are involved. If the at-fault driver’s policy limits are insufficient, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may kick in.
The Traub Law Office can effectively negotiate and demand fair compensation for victims of personal injury.
- Maximizing Your Motorcycle Accident Settlement
Regardless of who was at fault in your motorcycle crash, your number one priority should be making a full physical recovery. But your finances also need protection. Medical bills, lost income, motorcycle repair costs, and other accident-related expenses can quickly add up.
Through strategic legal representation and assertive negotiation tactics, The Traub Law Office lawyers maximize motorcycle accident settlements for clients.
Available damages may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Motorcycle repair or replacement costs
- Pain and suffering
- Disability or disfigurement damages
- Punitive damages from gross negligence
Your settlement amount will depend on many case-specific factors. But with smart Austin motorcycle accident lawyers as advocates, victims can recover the maximum compensation they are owed under the law. Don’t wait! Contact Us Today!