Traub law office logo image

Pain After a Car Accident

Pain after a Car Accident

Types of pain

You will often experience pain after a car accident.  Car accidents and the force that is sustained in them can cause serious injuries to many parts of the body such as broken bones, concussions, sprains/strains, and back and neck pain. In addition to all of these, car accidents can trigger pain syndromes such as CRPS or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. All of these injuries also cause pain and suffering.

fire truck accident 3

Delayed Pain

Some types of pain that can be delayed are headaches, pain in the neck and shoulders also called whiplash, back pain, numbness, tingling in the limbs, abdominal pain, and emotional pain and suffering.

Symptoms of whiplash typically appear with in 24 hours but some may develop after a few days and can last for several week or months.

Dizziness or a nagging headache: A neck injury or a whiplash injury, concussion or even a blood clot can lead to dizziness and headaches. It may take a few days after the accident for these symptoms to manifest, but they should be taken seriously. Consult a medical professional if you experience any of these symptoms.

Headaches could be stress related or a sign of a concussion or brain injury or even post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Back Pain especially in the lower back could be a whiplash related injury or a sprain, herniated disc, or a soft tissue injury such as muscle damage. If you have any numbing or tingling in the extremities, you might have a herniated disc pressing up against the nerves of the spine.

Abdominal Pain could be an internal, soft tissue injury that should be taken very seriously because left untreated, could be fatal. Internal bleeding may also cause headaches, dizziness and bruising. Go to the nearest emergency room if you are experience abdominal pain after a car accident.


It is very important that you seek medical treatment after being injured in a car accident.

Treatments for pain or injuries sustained in a car accident can be serious and life altering.

Seek medical treatment for any back pain, dizziness, headache, or abdominal pain as these can all be symptoms of a more serious injury such as a concussion or internal bleeding.

Depending on the injuries, rest, physical therapy, medication, and sometimes surgery may be needed to aid in recovery of the pain.

Injury Case next steps

If you were injured in a car accident, and have pain whether it was at the time of the accident or delayed, the first thing to do is to seek medical treatment from a medical professional.

Then, contact a personal injury lawyer that can help you file a claim against the insurance company of the driver that hit you. A personal injury attorney can help you recover medical costs, lost wages, and compensation for pain and suffering.

The Traub Law Office is here to help with your claim and be there every step of the way while you get treatment and on the road to recovery.

Call us at (512) 246-9191 or contact us online.

Back To Top